Sunday, May 12, 2019

Dear Mother



I don't want to exaggerate and prolong what I feel at the moment.  Incompetent in expressing, I am having a difficulty on how should I go about thanking. All of us know the crucial role mothers play in bringing up her offspring. 
As a young kid, I loved her more than anything else, yes anything. It would be half asleep in her absence, delicious food wouldn't taste and even toy were use less. The moment I reach back home from school, first thing would be to check her presence. When I do not notice her presence, I would simply find a secret place and sob, than neighbours would notice to tell me where she has gone. As soon as I wake-up, I would give a thorough stare & make sure to see her. Nothing was equally important than mother! 
Though she & I are same mother and son, we do not share the same intensity of care. Lots of biological hormones and societal expectations regulates our relation. I cannot nap in your lap like I used to when things were not like what it is today. Chewing food in your mouth, putting into my mouth, making it easy for my digestion, maybe unhealthy according to modern health experts, but I was a healthy boy then.  Now I ain't managing even a time to chew food in my mouth. Mom, your illiterate and unprepared guidance indeed was authentic humanity's love. I miss that. 

Without mother's presence I've learned to adjust but I have always missed her lesson. Mama, world is cruel when I've to face it myself. I never thought it would be this tough. I am feeling every step you've taken as all parents does; your austere food is much delicious than a sumptuous food I am served today. Given a chance, I would choose to sleep in your arm for a minute in place of any luxury mattresses. 

Ama la, I love you very much. This is not a love that used to be when I was a kid. It's a matured love; a love that is refined after going through lots of hardship in life. I love you not because you're my biological mother, not even because I owe you but because I've a thousand other reasons. 
when it is time let me wish, I may not get this golden opportunity to thank mothers; mothers of my past, present and future.

'Happy Mothers Day' 

1 comment:

Tashi Yangki said...

Wonderfully expressed and happy Mother's Day to all the mothers of three times