Saturday, November 9, 2019

The hidden meaning of Drukmo (འབྲུག་མོ།)


Logo posted after Tashi Yangki's consent and is copyrighted.
I do not know how to begin. Even then I'll try to give justice to my feelings in introducing this logo and the hidden meanings it carries. 

By the way Tashi Yangki and I share a good bond of friendship, therefore, we are emotionally connected. She and I are friend but I cannot coin a word to describe our true relation. Nevertheless that's not very important to know. We equally respect our relation and the kind of a bond we share, that is all I can sum up in the nuts shell. 

The logo that she recently posted on her Facebook page is neither created by her nor conceived in her head. It was created by her close Tibetan friends with the help of Golden Pen Limited. 

For me, I value everything but not much if I do not get the valid reason. And for her logo too I was eager to know why Tibetan friends have done in such a way. So this triggered Yangki to ask her logo creators. Mind you they've an amazing reasons to describe which I immediately felt to blog and share with you all.

I am sure what comes into your mind when you see a word 'Drukmo' and yes you're right it is because she is from Druk (Bhutan). Therefore 'mo' should be understood as a suffix that completes the meaning of Drukmo as a 'female from Druk'. But this is not the only reason. The story dates back to Ling Gesar Gyalpo's time whose story is known to most of us Bhutanese. King Gesar  had a wife who was of course born to an aristrocratic family,  with kind hearted, compassion to every beings, loves everyone without any bias and was also beautiful in her appearance. She was not born with auspicious signs. It was ordinary woman doing all those wonderful kinds. And her name was Sengcham Drukmo. In the logo girl has an ordinary face because Drukmo was ordinary woman.
       Also in her recent trips to Tibet, Yangki went to one of the lake known as  Yelhung Lhayi Tshomo and that lake too has  connection to a girl by the same name who was responsible for discovering treasures. Upon reaching the lake one gets feeling of joyfullness like never before. Moreover Yangki is said to be the first female from Bhutan to reach that sacred place as per her Tibetan friends. With the beautiful stories thereof this is how they came up with Drukmo. Different colours represents four elements accordingly fire, water, earth and wind. Rest doesn't carry much meaning because it is the name that speaks everything.

Few people may understand what Yangki does but I feel her intention and the kind of a work she is interested into. I'm sure Drukmo is the right word her Tibetan friends gave. I do not find any other words better than this. Yes! You're a true Drukmo. Tibetans are fascinated by the name Drukmo and whoever has extraordinary traits gets the name. It is hard to get this name but you've earned it. I will always pray for your visionary journey.

Ordinarily extraordinary you're! 

No comments: