Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Dear Jurmey


Dumo

Dear Jurmey, 

I hope you're doing fine. I had to write this short letter in order to ask a favor from you. 

Four days ago a cat entered my room from the kitchen window — that I have left open for the ventilation purpose. I will call her Dumo. Long time back we had a cat named Dumo. She was our neighbor's cat but she spent most of her time at our house and later died in our home. This cat resembles our long-time lost Dumo. Their color spots are similar though late Dumo was white and grey. 

I didn't chase her immediately. I wanted to. As it is extremely cold she found a warm place near the electric heater. I thought she might leave. You know I have no passion to raise pets and not definitely cats although I don't have ailurophobia. Of course I hate feline hair loss as it messes blankets and floor. 

After few hours I chased Dumo because I knew she won't leave easily.

The next morning Dumo was inside washroom on a washing machine supposedly waiting for me to open door. I noticed how cleverly she crossed from a hole of the ventilation nets. This time I chased her instantly. How cruel of me. This action gave me a sensible reason to call her back. I opened the door and she was no where. Crazy cat, when I went to cook breakfast,  i found her on the window of a kitchen. It was such a pitiful moment to see her. She might have pleaded me if I had understood her better. I knew she wanted to come in but don't want to show in front of me. She wasn't coming inside when I called her instead pretended to stay far from my reach. I knew what was coming and skipped myself into washroom. Exactly she was, hesitantly, but stubborn as you see, treating herself with warm heat. I thought, I will not chase. 

You see, I pray and wish for the fulfillment of every desires of every beings, and here I'm not willing to keep one cat. 

I'm such a hypocrite! So blame me! 

During lunch time she wanted to go outside. I knew as She was meowing. I closed the door. Thought she's kind as she's not asking for food. 

But she would sleep for a long hours and I've never seen cat sleep like this. Promise. Jurmey this reminded me of how peacefully you would sleep during the day time. In Dumo I saw your sleep. 

And today morning she was sleeping in my blanket. I wanted to chase again and curse never to leave any windows open but it was midnight and I thought she won't find any better cloths than my blanket. We slept together. 

As usual she slept from morning till evening. But today I felt something unnatural with Dumo. She was not asking for food also. In earlier days I thought she might be eating somewhere and coming to sleep. My presumption was incorrect. I even tried feeding her but no sign of any interest in eating. I'm helplessly worried about Dumo.

Still she's sleeping on a chair and I can hear her pur. 

Jurmey please take her to the veterinary tomorrow morning. 

Jamyang Loden 

No comments: